Types of Treatment
As part of PRPT’s ongoing dedication to the community and high school athletes, members of the ProRehab Sports Medicine Team provide athletic training coverage for Louisville Collegiate School and St. Francis School.
Our athletic training staff uses a variety of the following interventions to prevent and treat sports-related injuries, including but not limited to:
- Concussion Identification via ImPACT Testing: In the event that a concussion occurs, properly identifying it and determining return-to-play readiness is incredibly important. ProRehab Physical Therapy is proud to be an official provider of ImPACT baseline and post concussion testing, the most-widely used and most scientifically validated computerized concussion evaluation system. ProRehab Physical Therapy’s Certified Athletic Trainers and Physical Therapists use ImPACT provide critical education and identify concussions quickly and accurately.
- Functional Movement Screens: Functional Movement Screens (FMS) at ProRehab Physical Therapy are performed by physical and occupational therapists or certified athletic trainers. A Functional Movement Screen is a test to determine “how well you move” and is used to find weaknesses before they affect sports performance or turn into injuries. The screen identifies limitations that can hinder proper function and decrease strength. PRPT is also able to use the Functional Movement Screen to help patients transition back to activity after therapy and return to pre-injury levels. Functional Movement Screens are not just for top-athletes. Patients of all ages and skill levels will benefit by gaining strength and balance enhancing their return to work, play, or daily activity.
- Y-Balance Tests: The Y-Balance Test is a quick and easy balance-based test used to assess an athlete’s risk for injury. It is highly accurate and can also be used for measuring pre and post rehabilitation performance, improvement after performance enhancement programs, and return to sport readiness. PRPT’s physical therapists use these test results to further reduce the risk of injury and to identify performance enhancing strategies for the athlete. They can also share the interpreted results with coaches, trainers and physicians.
- Pre-participation screening
- Taping and bracing
- Sports specific ergonomic and training regimens
- Manual physical therapy
- Orthopaedic physical therapy
Meet our Athletic Training staff
In addition to prevention and recovery, the road to maximum performance includes a focus on improving speed, agility, explosiveness, balance and coordination. ProRehab Physical Therapy is home to a number of Certified Athletic Trainers and APTA Sports Certified Specialists ready to work with you today.
A few weeks of commitment can mean a future free from pain. What's holding you back?
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
After just 4 visits…I feel like a brand new person. Before, I could barely walk for 15 minutes without my back screaming in pain. Now I’m zooming through therapy and going on walks at home.
Wonderful staff, very helpful, competent and professional. They listen to what I say and are working with me to meet my goal.
Amazing service. They have gone out of their way to call and follow up with me while doing my at-home exercises. Highly recommend.
My husband was skeptical of my choice to use physical therapy to treat my back pain instead of medications. After seeing my results from working with the ProRehab team, my husband is a believer now too.
I couldn’t have wished for a better place to go for my knee replacement therapy! They know what they are doing to get you back in the swing of things so you can go on with your life!