Types of Treatment
Functional Capacity Evaluations
A functional capacity evaluation, or FCE, is performed to determine if an individual is capable of returning to work safely and efficiently after an injury or illness.
The FCE process compares the individual’s health status, body functions, and structures to the demands of the job and the work environment. Performed by a WorkSTEPS-licensed physical therapist, a typical FCE consists of a battery of one-on-one standardized physical and cognitive assessments that offer results in performance-based measures and demonstrates predictive value about the individual’s return to work.
FCEs assist employers, physicians, insurance companies, attorneys, case managers and vocational consultants in determining safe, functional levels for an individual to either return to work or to establish functional ability.
FCEs are performed exclusively at our Fern Creek clinic.
Who Benefits from a Functional Capacity Evaluation?
- Someone seeking to return to work after an injury or illness
- Someone applying for Social Security Disability benefits
- Someone injured in a catastrophic accident (i.e., automobile accident) for whom an FCE can determine performance skills and abilities related to resuming former employment or a new job
- Someone seeking vocational rehabilitation services
- Students receiving transitional services from school to the work setting to determine their skills and the extent of support required to perform in a job
A few weeks of commitment can mean a future free from pain. What's holding you back?
Here’s what some of our patients had to say
After just 4 visits…I feel like a brand new person. Before, I could barely walk for 15 minutes without my back screaming in pain. Now I’m zooming through therapy and going on walks at home.
Wonderful staff, very helpful, competent and professional. They listen to what I say and are working with me to meet my goal.
Amazing service. They have gone out of their way to call and follow up with me while doing my at-home exercises. Highly recommend.
My husband was skeptical of my choice to use physical therapy to treat my back pain instead of medications. After seeing my results from working with the ProRehab team, my husband is a believer now too.
I couldn’t have wished for a better place to go for my knee replacement therapy! They know what they are doing to get you back in the swing of things so you can go on with your life!